Disruptive Marketing Trends
Forbes writer, Christine Hall recently highlighted the Most Disruptive Marketing Trends of 2013.
I agree some forms of marketing are becoming intrusive – ie. mobile marketing is growing on my nerve… but as a professional I know the importance of keeping your brand in front of customers. So if you choose to buy into Ms. Hall’s list, please keep your messages short, powerful and engaging.
The list of disruptive trends includes:
7. “Virtual Malls” led by QR stores where people with smartphones can gather together could be the future of online shopping.
6. Advances in 3D printing, will it impact manufacturing? Through trickle down effect, manufacturers could lose the edge.
5.TabletMania – big spikes in its use and popularity will spur a war between Amazon, Apple, Samsung.
4. Mobile wallets that will eventually replace credit cards, debit cards, currency and banks?
3. Streaming TV is already having an impact on cable/satellite and over the next decade could change our current TV platform.
2. UnSocial Media – savvy companies will learn to better use social media to connect with their customers and monitor their brands in real time.
1. Mobile App-ocalypse – Mobile apps and the cloud will change marketing more than direct mail, newspapers, radio, television, and the Internet combined. Everybody’s talking about Big Data, but look for consumers to turn the tables.
Are there opportunities for your company’s marketing to capitalize on these predicted trends?