M&Ms builds anticipation bubble for Superbowl Spot
Mars is breaking the newest trend of Superbowl advertisers and is Not going to release its M&Ms 30-second spot early for added social media buzz.
The recent AdAge article by EJ Schultz quotes the company as saying:
“We are continuing with what we call our surprise-and-delight approach,” said Mr. Benin, the chief consumer officer for Mars Chocolate North America. “There’s that first-time, premier reveal [in game] that we believe is compelling.”
I think its a great way to keep the tradition of the anticipation of seeing what the best creative minds in the industry have to offer… or at least believe were the best ideas for this particular seasonal event.
I loved last year’s reveal of Ms Brown and have been recently laughing every time the seduction of Mr Red from the party… all due to a little revenge from Ms B.
Can’t wait to see what BBDO, New York and will run in the first quarter.
What was your favorite M&Ms Superbowl TV spot?
About promotionalguruA marketing communications professional helping other marketing professionals, business leaders and marketing students gain a better understanding of trends in advertising and public relations as well as tips for being a successful marketer.
- Vatican denies video footage shows pope performing an exorcism
- Some Republicans see new scandal in Sebelius fundraising
- Poll: Obama's approval ratings steady amid controversies
- Families of students killed in Chardon High shooting now suing United Way (with document)
- Mentor preparing for inaugural BeachFest in July
- Kirtland road levy vote headed for automatic recount
- Portion of I-90 in eastern Lake County to have 70 mph speed limit (with map)
- More wetlands being added at Geauga Park District’s Frohring Meadows
- How tornadoes form, where they form and why they're so deadly
- Cops tell alleged burglar his phone dialed 911 and other bizarre crimes