Prove the Value of SEO in Minutes
I came across this great article by Josh McCoy at SearchEngineWatch.com about proving the value of SEO in just 10 minutes… now if that’s not effective in telling the power of online influence, then you’re stuck under a rock.
While most of the digitally connected world already knows the influence social media and our peers have on our purchase behavior, it made me think about how I could be more effective in telling my clients about harnessing the power of the Internet (and their online advertising).
The article focuses on using Google Analytics (which I just LOVE!) and how in the past few years the program has become more detailed in its multi-channel data attribution and ability to capture where and how your visitors find your website and use your website.
Online organic search (once thought to have very little influence) now carries some weight with the general public endlessly searching the vast spaces of the web. Using the charts you can easily see whether a majority of your traffic comes from search, referral, direct or a campaign… and which visitors then convert and explore your site.
The Multi-Channel Funnel is another great tool that analyzes keyword referral tracking, helping you to make new tags and SEO keyword planning improvements to your website.
What tools of Google Analytics do you find most helpful?
About promotionalguruA marketing communications professional helping other marketing professionals, business leaders and marketing students gain a better understanding of trends in advertising and public relations as well as tips for being a successful marketer.
- House immigration bill will be tougher on undocumented
- North Korea fires 6th short-range missile in 3 days
- Farmers turn to monster machines in race to plant crops
- The road to a greener America is littered with roadkill
- Car crashing into tree leads to arrest of man who allowed 9-year-old daughter to drive (with map)
- Andrews Osborne Academy senior wins Willoughby Rotary Club scholarship
- Seven candidates seeking to sit on Chardon City Council
- Two men accused of breaking into cars in Mentor-on-the-Lake, then fleeing police
- Food stamps fight: 8 things you need to know
- 10 things to know today