Best Global Brand – CocaCola
That’s right… (and no surprise to me) CocaCola is the #1 GLOBAL Brand according to The New York Times article “Best Global Brands Report.” Coke has now held this title for the past three consecutive years.
The article reviews the 13th annual Best Global Brands report from Interbrand, a brand consulting company owned by the Omnicom Group. The report ranks what it deems the 100 most valuable brands on criteria that include financial performance, the role the brand plays in influencing the choices made by consumers and the brand’s ability to help its parent’s earnings. The 2012 study is released as top industry executives currently dwell in the newest marketing ideas from Advertising Week 2012.
So which other brands topped the list… #2 Apple, #3 IBM, #4 Google. Other notable mentions include McDonalds #7, Disney #13 and Amazon #20. Interestingly Apple moved to the #2 spot from #8 last year (quite a jump?!) and Disney fell from a consistent #9 to #13 – change in marketing message?
Personally, I’m a Pepsi fan based on product taste but I’ve always loved the competition in advertising between Pepsi and Coke… the battle will go on.
Do you agree with the study results? Who do you feel deserves to be the #1 global brand?
About promotionalguruA marketing communications professional helping other marketing professionals, business leaders and marketing students gain a better understanding of trends in advertising and public relations as well as tips for being a successful marketer.
- Chardon City Council looks to whittle down Heritage House price
- Auburn Career Center to break ground on new Industrial Arts Building
- Painesville Municipal Court Garden Project returns for 19th season (with video)
- Mentor High School students honored for commitment to serve in the military (with video)
- Eastlake moving to put 0.5-mill levy on November ballot to cover pool, other recreation needs
- Lake County Council on Aging honors volunteers
- Book publisher Penguin Group reaches deal with Ohio, 32 other states over antitrust lawsuit
- Cleveland firefighters, including 2 Lake County men, suspended in theft case
- Rummage sale set for Saturday in Painesville
- Geauga County events to honor WWII veterans this Memorial Day weekend